Allergen triggers are usually so small that you can’t see them unless you have a microscope, so dealing with them can be difficult. Luckily, there are a couple of things that you can do to try and help yourself combat them.
Mold is a tiny fungus that has tons of spores. These spores are able to float in the air just like pollen. They really do thrive in damp areas including bathrooms or even basements, and they are also present in piles of leaves or even grass too. The symptoms of mold exposure are very similar to that of dust or even mite allergies. You may experience sneezing, coughing, itching, a runny nose or anything else similar. The only way for you to remove this allergen would be for you to avoid it and get rid of anything that could possibly encourage its growth. You might also want to repair any water damages or leaks that are in your home. Plant soil can house mold too, so try and keep any pants that you do have in the outdoors. If the above doesn’t work, continue chatting with an allergist.
If you get stung by any kind of insect then you can expect to experience some degree of pain, swelling or even heat around the area. Symptoms like this can easily last for a few days. It’s rare, but sometimes you can have a reaction known as anaphylaxis. This can include having problems breathing, wheezing, hoarseness and even swelling. One way for you to try and stop insect stings from becoming a problem would be for you to make yourself as unattractive to insects as possible. If you get stung, remove the stinger and immediately take an antihistamine.
Pet dander is otherwise known as being flecks of skin that are shed by dogs, cats or in some instances, birds. You may also be reacting to the oil glands that are present in an animal’s skin. You should note that in some instances, it can take several years for you to even start developing an allergy like this so don’t rule it out just because your symptoms have come on suddenly. If you don’t have any pets at all then there is a chance that you are actually allergic to cockroaches. Symptoms of this include congestion, sneezing, watery eyes and itching. There are a few ways that you can stop your symptoms here. For example, you could ask your doctor if they can prescribe you something that will help, and they can also help you to know if there are decongestants that you can take. If you believe that your allergy is not down to your pet and that it is due to cockroaches instead, then try and keep any trash you have in a closed container and also take it out as soon as the bin is full. If you think that they’re in your home, then hiring an exterminator may be your only option.