How to Choose the Best Pots & Pans for Your Kitchen
Choosing anything to go in my kitchen is always tough. I want the best, but often the best comes with a huge price tag and means I have to save quite a bit of money to be able to get what I really want.
In the past I have had “hand me down” pots and pans, I have had ones that came from discount stores and I have a really nice set that I bought before my husband and I were even married when we were as my Grandmother called it “setting up housekeeping”. I have since grown to love those pots and pans but am constantly looking for new ideas and reading up about new technology in the cooking world since I prepare food here several times a day.
I want to touch on some ways that I research how to choose the best pots and pans for your kitchen (and mine too) as well as some of my favorite products. I really love shopping for my kitchen more than any other room in the house because I literally use this stuff daily and want to make sure I am getting quality.
- I read information from other bloggers and online resources such as On the Gas. The article provided touches on so many important factors in purchasing the best pots and pans.
- Watch videos: You can not only learn new cooking techniques about cooking from videos but also see how the pots and pans work. I did this recently before investing in a new Copper pan. I needed to know before spending my hard earned money is this type of pan was something I would benefit from. Sure enough it is now one of my favorites.
- Ask Facebook: Many people are reaching out to family and friends using a new Recommendation tool on Facebook where you can pose a question and people can tag companies/products in the comments about what they like. I love knowing what my family and friends are using and how it works for them based on what they are cooking.
- Know your cooking habits. Lets be honest, some people can burn water and they need a different style of pots and pans over a more seasoned chef. Personally I love cooking while using vintage cast iron, but someone else may really struggle with that. I can’t fry very well using a pan other than a non-stick so knowing that is a fault of mine I can shop wisely.
- Read reviews: I am constantly on websites like Amazon reading customer reviews. Recently I was thinking about adding a very talked about set of pans to my kitchen collection. These things had been talked about all over the internet, they have a celebrity endorsement and everything so here I was thinking they must be amazing. After reading some of the reviews online I quickly changed my mind. They were not holding up with even simple cooking and I will be frank; I’m tough on my kitchen stuff. The idea of having these went right out the window.
- Set a budget: Know what you have/want to spend. This has been so important for me because believe me when I say I could take out a loan and fill my kitchen full of things in a heartbeat but when making decisions even on things like pots and pans I always set a budget. I know what I want to spend before I ever start my research process. Some things may look appealing, but are they really worth the money? I also look into websites that offer free shipping to save every penny that I can. I especially love when products are delivered right to my door and I do not have to leave home with my kids to pick something up. I am also not the best at standing in a big box store with an overwhelming amount of products in front of me to choose from. Looking online and comparison shopping on websites where I can set my budget limit in the search terms is definitely the way I like to go.
So that about sums it up from me and my buying processes when looking for new pots and pans. Do you have anything to add? If so leave it in the comments below. I would love to hear about your favorite kitchen products as well!