How To Identify And Cure Common Allergies
If you find yourself feeling ill, but aren’t sure why, your symptoms could be the result of an allergic reaction. There lots of triggers for allergies in and around our homes, and you can develop one at any stage of your life. Don’t assume that because you haven’t suffered from allergies in the past that you are safe from having a reaction, even and especially to things that you have been exposed to for many years. Here’s how to identify what’s causing you to feel sick, and what you can do about it…
It’s impossible to see dust mites with the naked eye, which makes it easy to ignore that these little pests may be making you ill. If you can’t stop sneezing, your nose is running and you are short of breath – but have eliminated all other potential causes of your symptoms, it’s possible that you are reacting to dust mites hiding within your home. The easiest way to resolve this is to give the house a really thorough deep clean, and make sure that you go over every surface with a damp cloth. Make eliminating dust part of your regular routine, and your symptoms should disappear.
If your home has mold, it could mean that you can’t stop blowing your nose, your throat is sore and you have itchy, dry skin. As well as causing allergic reactions, mold can also cause serious problems for adults and children who have respiratory problems such as asthma. Take charge of the problem by arranging for mold remediation removal and testing, and clean any black spots from doors or window frames.
Many of us choose to dye our own hair, rather than make a costly trip to the hairdresser. However, many of the chemicals in hair dyes can cause a range of allergic reactions from mild to very severe. If your head becomes very itchy, or your face appears to be swollen and you feel generally unwell, you could be reacting to colouring your hair. If you’re in any doubt about the severity of your symptoms, go to see a doctor. Otherwise, take antihistamines regularly until you feel better, and consider using organic dyes in future.
Ibuprofen is one of the most commonly used over the counter painkillers, so most of us assume that it is completely safe. However, some people will react badly to these seemingly innocuous medicine, and symptoms can cause great discomfort. A reaction to ibuprofen will manifest as a sore stomach with possible diarrhoea or constipation, and you may also experience dizziness and blurred vision. If you think you or someone in your family has had an allergic reaction to ibuprofen, head straight to the emergency department at your local hospital for advice. In the future, choose paracetamol or codeine if you need pain relief.
It’s important to be vigilant about potential causes of allergies, as some can cause severe illness or even threaten your life. Here are my recommendations for some of the best allergy products, so that you can protect yourself and your family.