Our Favorite Shelter In Place Tips
As we all struggle with the day to day of the shelter in place order (here in Virginia it runs until at least June 10) we have learned a new normal for everyday life. I have cooked more in the last few weeks than I have in years. We have eaten together, laughed together and played games together. The key word here is together.
I already worked from home but as you can imagine the blogging world is even slow right now. Homeschooling is different too because the websites where our boys would typically just log in and use are very slow and due to numerous outlets using them as well we haven’t been able to accomplish much. This has uprooted our daily life in a huge way.
When looking on the internet I found a really unique website that features Shelter In Place tips for everyone. When using a website like this I am looking for ease of access but also great information that is easy to find. I have found that with Shelter in Place Tips. I love that they offer recommendations for products that people use every day.
While browsing for new recipes on Pinterest, looking for fun activities to keep the kids busy and also trying to maintain my own sanity it is great to see that there are other resources for people just like me. Now I would like to share some of my favorite tips for this crazy time in our lives.
- Cook!– I have found cooking right now to almost be a form of therapy. Please check out Product Review Cafe on Pinterest to see what we have been pinning and cooking lately. Hint- We have made everything from fun dinners to our own toaster pastries.
- Adult coloring & puzzles– Most of all I want to keep my mind active. We have been coloring, doing puzzle books and reading a LOT. I am loving that local libraries are adding more and more online resources.
- Reading– So yes, I will mention reading twice because it is something I love. Right now I am reading the new Jessica Simpson bio which I scored at Target with my RedCard and got a nice little percentage off. A new book, a blanket and my porch furniture have brought me so much comfort.
- Birding– Yes, that is a word. We have been feeding and identifying birds here at home. Our oldest loves his bird book and keeping track of the different varieties. Feeding them is rewarding to us and of course for the birds too.
- Walking our Dog– We have really found that walking even in our own yard has been amazing. The warmer days are starting and our Iris sure does love to walk and enjoy the sun.
- Gardening– We have started our “cold crops” and in about 2 weeks will expand to other vegetables. So far we have a great crop of greens, spinach, lettuce, spring onions and radishes.
While you are sheltering in place please feel free to share your tips in the comments. They may be used in future content here on the blog.