Packing to go on a vacation is hard, but packing to go on a ski trip? That feels more than impossible. Skiing is such a big sport, and you’re on a mountain or two when you take part. It’s cold, it’s snowy, it’s likely to be filled with ice – and so dressing correctly for the occasion is important. It’s cold enough up there, you don’t want to make it worse!
You don’t want to get to the Alps – or wherever you happen to be going – and feel that you’ve forgotten something. So, we’ve put together a list of items you shouldn’t forget so that you can stay comfortable on the side of a mountain. In no time at all, you’ll be racing toward your lodge on a white mountain of snow! Let’s look at the things that you need to bring with you for your ski trip to stay comfortable.
- Layers are key in the cold, and when you’re skiing you need to be as warm as possible so that you don’t freeze out on the mountain.layering with fleeces, long johns and socks is so important. The more layers, the better, but don’t worry about overheating: you can always peel off the layers as you go.
- Ski goggles are better than sunglasses. If it starts to snow, your eyes and most of your face will be protected. Anti-fog lenses are a must, and they’re good for different lighting.
- Some people love gloves for their vacation but others prefer mittens. Mittens allow people to feel their fingers and yet stay covered from the wind and snow thrashing against your hands.
- Glove liners are optional, and you may not need them, but some people really prefer to keep as layered as possible.
- You are on a mountain, and a helmet is a must. You can crash at any time and it can make a difference between life or death. Add an ear and head band underneath for warmth.
- Scarves are nice but a neck gator can make a bigger difference to keeping you warm. They don’t look very fashionable, but warmth is better than fashion.
- Socks need to be the proper ski socks and not everyday socks. Pack the wool option for your trip and you’ll find it easier to keep your feet toasty!
- Don’t worry too much about the ski gear (skis, poles, boots, etc) because you can rent gear from the resort that you use when you get there.
- CBD lip balm is going to be exactly what you need when you come off the mountain. Snow and wind and even the sunshine up there can burn if you’re not careful, so the right lip balm will soothe it!
- Snow boots are a must for between ski sessions. No one wants to get a hot chocolate with their ski boots on.
- Cameras can be kept in the pocket of your ski jacket, and you can use them to take some spectacular pictures while you’re on the ski lift or when you take a break.