What Makes Carbohydrates Beneficial?
Benefits of Carbohydrates – 6 Reasons to Incorporate It in Your Diet
Carbohydrates often get a bad rap, especially with the rise of the low-carb diet trend. But while some have gained weight with carb consumption, it isn’t all bad. In fact, there are numerous health benefits that you can get when you incorporate it into your daily diet. Carbohydrates are needed by your body in order to function well. It is all about identifying which type of carbs to add to your diet in order to maximize its health benefits.
Types of Carbohydrates
Vegetables are good sources of healthy carbs. (Image Source: Unsplash)
To determine what carbs to incorporate in your diet, it is important to know the three basic types available.
The first one is sugar. This is the simplest form and is naturally occurring in many food items such as fruits and vegetables. There are also different types of sugar such as fructose, lactose, and sucrose.
Starch is another type, which is commonly known as a complex carbohydrate. This is made by bonding together with different sugar units. It is commonly found in vegetables, grains, peas, and dry beans.
Finally, there is fiber. It is also a complex carbohydrate that is found in vegetables, grains, beans, and peas. Fiber is vital in helping the proper function of the natural digestive processes of the human body.
Your Daily Carb Intake Requirement
How many carbs are needed by the body to function well? According to dietary recommendations, you need 45 to 65 grams as part of your daily caloric intake. So, if your body needs 2,000 calories a day, you need 900 to 1,300 carbohydrates (approximately 300 grams).
Whole grains are a healthy kind of carbohydrate. (Image Source: Unsplash)
To measure your carb intake, you can check the label on food items you consume. It is important to focus on getting this nutrient from healthy sources so it gives you the benefits without the negative health impacts. Some examples of carbohydrate-rich foods include the following:
- Whole grains such as oatmeal, quinoa, brown rice, and whole-grain cereals
- Legumes such as black beans, lentils, pinto beans, and chickpeas
- Fruits such as berries, apples, bananas, pears, and citrus fruits
- Starchy vegetables such as carrots, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn
- Milk products such as yogurt and low-fat milk
If you are worried about weight gain as you incorporate carbs in your daily diet, it is important to find the ideal weight loss supplement. You can check out this honest review on Leanbean so you can learn more about why it is effective for women. With this, you will never have to worry when eating carbs again.
Benefits of Carbohydrates
Still not convinced that carbs are good for you? These are some health benefits that you can get when you include them in your diet.
- It gives you energy. Carbs serve as the main source of fuel for your body to function. It is broken down inside your body and transformed into sugar. That sugar provides the energy to perform basic tasks and functions. Make sure you meet your daily dietary intake requirement because, without enough of it, you will feel weak and lethargic.
- It is good for the heart. Research studies have shown that the intake of carb-rich foods that are considered soluble fibers can decrease bad cholesterol. Even an additional intake of five to 10 grams per day is enough to provide this benefit. You can also get the same benefits for your health when you consume whole grains as part of your diet. This will increase your good cholesterol while decreasing the bad.
- It can improve digestion. Fiber is a type of complex carb that is needed by the human body to fight indigestion and constipation. When you include this as part of your diet, it will speed up the process of breaking down your food. This makes it easier to pass stool and have regular bowel movements.
Berries can provide you with healthy carb sources in your diet. (Image Source: Unsplash)
4.It can help manage your weight. This is a surprising fact for many given that carbs are often blamed for weight gain. In reality, the fiber found in carbs can facilitate digestion so you can process food more easily. It can also make you feel full a lot quicker and for longer. Hence, you don’t consume as much food as you normally would.
5.It can help you lose fat. When you consume carbs such as bran cereal or oatmeal, it helps you burn more fat during exercise. They are known as slow-release carbohydrates that can facilitate the natural fat-burning process of the body.
6.It can sharpen your memory. The benefits of taking carbs are not just limited to the physical human body. It can benefit your brain, too. It makes your brain function more sharply so that you are able to remember details more effectively.
Whether you are trying to lose belly fat or improve your physique to make it leaner, there is no reason to fear carbs anymore. As long as you choose the healthy sources to add to your diet, you can acquire its benefits without the extra weight gain.