Ozeri INSTAVAC Green Earth Food Storage Container Set, BPA-Free 8-Piece Nesting Set with Vacuum Seal and Locking Lids
I received the mentioned product in exchange for an honest review. The thoughts contained within this post may vary from the opinions of others.
About Ozeri INSTAVAC Green Earth Food Storage Container Set, BPA-Free 8-Piece Nesting Set with Vacuum Seal and Locking Lids
- Instant vacuum freshness without pumps, motors or confusing parts; Simply press down on the lid and air is forced out via the one-way valve
- Patented valve removes excess air to reduce naturally occurring bacteria; It also releases pressure to prevent spills and splatters in microwaves
- Wave pattern on bottom of each container keeps cut fruit and vegetables elevated from water and juices
- Handy date dial allows you to record when food was first stored and monitor days kept in the refrigerator
- BPA-free, stain-resistant, shatter-proof and as transparent as glass; Freezer, microwave and dishwasher safe; Satisfaction guaranteed
What We Thought
Leftovers; the monsters of my fridge that grow weird science experiments if left there long enough. They are also my rivals, I hate them. Rarely do I eat anything past the first serving so I always end up cooking numerous meals throughout the week or ending up with takeout boxes sitting around.
These containers have been a real game changer here. My husband is a plumber now, so they often can’t leave the job sites but he is no stranger to carrying leftovers to work. When he was a Deputy Sheriff he always took meals to work unless his shift was planning to eat out together. He always worried though because some containers just do not hold up, some can’t be used in the microwave and even to this day some are not dishwasher safe.
The Ozeri Instavac set arrived just as I had made some shrimp alfredo. Alfredo is a staple recipe in this house, but again there is that leftovers issue. I love that the dish is so flexible when it comes to meats that can be added, and of course veggies too.
With the shrimp version I added some cajun spice which colors the sauce and in the past it has stained containers. I reluctantly added the sauce, pasta and shrimp mixture to one of the Ozeri Instavac containers and sent some to work with my husband. I didn’t know if it would return in one piece, if it would be stained or honestly if it would hold up being on a construction site around lunch time. Things get hectic there!
When Patrick got home I asked how the container held up and he was thrilled. He loved that the seal was perfect and the lid locked into place so spilling was almost impossible. I am impressed!
Granted I may not eat leftovers, but these containers have a great dating system on each one so I can keep track of what needs to be eaten first and how long foods have been in the fridge. I can also use them for freezing, which I do quite a bit of.
Retailing on Amazon.com for $24.95 (free shipping if you are a Prime member), I feel this is an absolute steal!!