PLEASE NOTE* These photos are the property of Product Review Cafe, they are watermarked with Fishing For Savings because that was my old website. This post was on that site previously until I sold it. I also apologize that the watermarks are in the middle of the photo. That was before I knew better!
So, if you read my previous review of Flat Iron Experts you already know how much I enjoy their website. Flat Iron Experts offers a ton of top name brands of professional beauty tools and more. This time I had the pleasure of reviewing the KQC Deep Waver. The Deep Waver is a simple, easy to use tool to get those subtle waves that are crazy popular right now, without a perm ! It takes about the same time to use this Deep Waver as it does to flat iron your hair.
KQC Xtreme Deep Waver comes with a special blend of tourmaline – ceramic hybrid plates that are 40mm deep to create luxurious waves. The unique combination of tourmaline ceramic leads to natural properties that result in the powerful natural emission of ions and far-infrared heat upon being crushed and heated. It helps seal the hair cuticle as the hair is styled – repelling humidity and static for incredible lasting frizz-free shine.
The KQC Deep Waver heats up fast and has little feet on one side so that you can keep it off of surfaces when not in use and its still hot. The Flat Iron Experts flat iron holders will not work with this item as it is pretty big. That is the only downfall to this product that I found. It is pretty bulky.
I like it for the size wave it gives, but when I was using it on myself I found it hard to hold and get the back of my hair. I am a licensed cosmetologist and I do EVERYTHING to my hair myself, cuts, colors, highlights, styles. You name it. So I was surprised I fumbled using this. I know I could get use to it. As for using it on others, piece of cake. I really do love it. The look it gives is BEAUTIFUL.
Here are a few tips for use to ensure the best result:
- Blow dry hair perfectly straight or flat iron before hand
- Apply a shine spray like the KQC by spraying lightly mid strand to ends
- Separate the hair into 3 sections as outlined here
- Now, usually when I flat iron I work bottom to top, with the waver I do it the opposite. Work from top to bottom and lightly clip up your sections you have already waved as you go.
Before clipping, spray with a dry workable hairspray
- Do the back section first, use your comb or fingers to pick up small 1-2 inch subsections. If you usually have a side part, adjust the section accordingly.
- To use the waver- start about 1 inch from the roots and clamp it firmly over the section for about 3 seconds and release. Move down the hair strand, line it up to meet where you just had it and clamp down again & so on. It may take you a little practice at first. My written explanation may not be very clear, sorry I am not good at that. If you have questions, feel free to ask !
- Clip the hair up as you go, working down wards, once finished the back, do the same thing on each side. If your bangs are shorter than eye length, I suggest leaving them straight or you can mist them and use a brush with a blow dryer to add a little bend to them.
Here is my “growing up way too fast” 9 yr olds hair , which is PIN straight normally. The Waver worked so good on her hair that she slept on it, used her hands to fix it the next day and came home from school with it still looking great!
Flat Iron Experts has some FABULOUS products, keep them in mind this holiday season
OR Visit them now and take advantage of their spend $100 get 5 items free sale, ends in 7 days!
Free shipping on order over $50!