I recently received a selection of Sally Hansen products free to review , the first I will be writing about is the Magetic Nail polish. This is a really cool product and such an easy way to add design to your nails without paying for nail art in the salon! The Sally Hansen Magnetic nail polish is infused with metallic particles that move and react when the magnetic is placed over the nail.
Easy to use !
1. Apply a clear base coat to the nail
2. Paint one coat of Magnetic polish over all nails
3. Go back to the first nail and apply another coat and immediately hold the magnet over the nail. The magnet is attached to the cover of the polish and there is a small plastic lip that you rest on the finger at the base of the nail. Be careful not to touch the magnet to the top of the polished nail.
4. Hold for about 10 seconds.
5. Lift and repeat on each nail one at a time. The picture below shows before (left) and after (right)
Please forgive the appearance of my nails, I have just removed acrylic nails and my natural nails are short!
You can see how even on short nails that you can get a nice effect from the polish ! Below is a picture of the Electric Emerald. I held the magnet over it and moved it to the side to see if it would create a different effect and it seems to have made it a more diagonal wave. Cool ! The polish is not in the InstaDry , but it did dry pretty quickly and was not tacky. I can not comment on how quickly it chips because the next day I was outside helping hubby build our chicken coop and move our wood pile SO it was bound to chip off.
You can purchase these in stores and also online ! Amazon has them for $8 and FREE shipping. That is their normal price, so why not try it out? The bottle is a good size and will last!