Best Guide to Run a Good Successful Product Review Process
If you have a business of your own, you will understand the importance of selling products that have a market of their own. No businessman will want to sell anything that is rather difficult to sell. This is why introducing any new product to the TrueTop5Review.com store requires proper and a thorough market research. You also have to conduct product reviews to find out if the product is going to be a good investment for you or simply a waste of money and time.
Tips to Run a Success Product Review
Doing a product review may be a simple task to most of you. However, it is important that you get proper information about the product from the review. Here are some tips to help you conduct a product review efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure That You Have All the Necessary Data: It is needless to say that a PRV needs to work with the real product and have access to all types of data that may be important to come up with a proper product review. However, there may be times when you may have to wait before you get certain data. Instead of wasting your time sitting idle, you can definitely remain productive. Start off by managing your process in such a way that lets you get the best possible results and also work on some specific parts of the entire system that you have access to. You can easily use the waiting time to check and analyze any other different aspect of the product in question, such as the usability. It is needless to say that clients seldom stay prepared for a product review. Most of the time they will fail to give you the necessary data that you need. They may even forget that you are waiting unless you ask the client several times.
- Make Use of Simple Words to Describe Things: It is needless to say that you need to work like a designer and also speak like a product user at the same time. There are many designers who use tons of jargons in their data. As a result of this, users fail to understand even a single thing from the data. It is not a good thing to force your clients or users to decode every jargon that you use. At the same time, it is also not a good idea to make a user use the interface that you have designed. Thus, it is always better to keep things as simple as possible. Try and reduce the number of different acronyms and technical phrases to almost a bare minimum.
- Always Review the Changes That May Happen: It is important for you, as a PRV, to understand that nothing remains the same in the world of internet. Each and every website evolves with time. The content that you see change constantly and even the features get added and the pages increase. While making a review, make sure to focus on those parts of the product that are easily accessible to the users. You can certainly write some specific suggestions pertaining to the staging views. However, do remember that these are still work in progress and may change several times during its course of completion.
- It Is Not a Good Idea to Delete Everything and Start All over Again: The thing that your client should get just the general information about the various problems found, is not something you should ever assume. This is true even if your client knows that the product needs to be changed completely. Present to them each and every element that needs to be altered or even replaced. Do provide a rational solution to each problem. Starting all over again or redesigning everything is not a sufficient solution. Apart from not providing any real solution, it also makes your client believe that you never took your job seriously and also lack proper imagination.
- Never Make the Mistake of Trusting Numbers Blindly: It is true that various analytic tools are great. However, these tools are not as smart as you think them to be. These tools may also measure wring things in wrong places. If you know how to use these tools, then you can definitely add some smarter tools that will let you track user journals and also analyze funnels. It is needless to say that these tools need time to give you proper results. Thus, you need to ask for some time from your client before you can submit your review.
- Do Not Make the Mistake of Making Vague and Quick Notes in Any Language: Jotting down a few words in your native language is a simple thing to do. However, you will have to eventually translate it to English or the actual language of the report you are preparing. In other words, you will be wasting time if you have to translate a bagful of words from your native language to English. It will be a good idea to make a note of the solutions and remarks in the language of the report and in full. This will save you a lot of time and effort in having to translate. If you make vague notes, you may have to return to the main page again after a week to rethink that problem once again. This is all very time consuming and tedious.
Manage Time Properly and Carefully: Taking proper notes is one thing. However, giving a professional report to your client is rather important. It is important that you give some time to your team members in order to review the work and also provide a suitable feedback. It will be a good idea to keep the last 2 days before the deadline aside to help you polish the report. While writing reviews, you should always think about time estimation for any future cooperation with the same client. This is the best way not to think about the review at the very last minute. You can also make a note of the estimations for every issue.